It is designed for the graduates of the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, specialized in Environmental Engineering in the Chemical and Petrochemical Industry, as well as graduates of similar Bachelor’s degrees organized by the University Politehnica of Timisoara, Technical University ‘Gh. Asachi’ - Iasi, University Transilvania - Brasov, University Sapientia – Miercurea Ciuc.
The postgraduate degree ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING offers advanced studies in the field, educating students to become true specialists, able to
- apply the basic chemical, physical-chemistry, mathematics and chemical engineering knowledge in modelling the chemical/photochemical/biochemical changes occurring in natural ecosystems and treatment processes,
- be familiar to pollutant generating technological processes,
- understand, prevent, and remedy pollution effects induced by anthropogenic activities,
- develop environmental politics at community level.
The disciplines in postgraduate degree ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING present environmental legislation, sampling techniques, design of air pollution control systems and advanced treatment systems for liquid effluents, electrochemical methods applied in environmental protection, chemical reactions engineering and optimization of water usage and recycling on industrial platforms, environmental risk assessment, environment management systems and life cycle analysis.
The Master of Science in ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING runs in agreement with the requirements on the labour market and qualifications, and gives the young generation the possibility to adapt flexibly to the newly raised challenges.
There are different job opportunities:
- higher education,
- technological research and design,
- environment audit and consultancy companies,
- environment monitoring departments in private companies,
- administration – Environment Protection Agencies, Ministry of Environment, Environmental Guard),
- environmental oriented non-governmental organizations,
- specialization associated areas.
Graduates of the postgraduate program ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING are educated according to the labour market requirements, as proved through the abilities acquired at the end of the studies. Gradates of the MS program may chose to complete their education by a PhD degree.
Disciplines in the Education Plan are supported by academics holding professor, reader or lecturer positions, with a PhD degree in the field of the discipline they teach.
Practical applications and research are carried out in laboratories equipped according to the Education Plan, corresponding in terms of space and technical development. Equipments were purchased with the Education Ministry financial support and partially from research projects.