The research activity deals with the development of electrochemical micro-(bio)sensors, mainly amperometric and voltammetric sensors, and their application for the multianalyte detection of biologically active compounds and organic pollutants. There is a growing demand for continuous, fast, selective and sensitive monitoring of compounds of biological and environmental significance. The developed electrochemical sensors are based on electrodes modified by bio/composite materials.
Innovative design of sustainable chemical process based on renewable raw materials
Simulation of sustainable chemical processes
Energy and resource saving of chemical processes
Equipment and laboratory pilot plat facilities for chemical reaction engineering, reactive distillation, molecular distillation, bioresource processing and valorisation, physical-chemical properties characteristation
Research areas of laboratory involve:
- extraction of pigments, volatile oils, vegetable oils and other valuable compounds from seeds, medicinal herbs, food and agricultural waste
- kinetics of supercritical extraction process
- optimal extraction conditions
- modelling, simulation and optimization of supercritical extraction processes
- scale-up of supercritical extraction processes
- high pressure measurements of liquid-supercritical fluid system,
Founded in 2018, the Research Laboratory for Food and Natural Products provides research services and expertise for analytical characterization and quality control of foods and natural products, among others.